Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Theorycrafted: WoW: Necromancers

       So in yesterdays post, I talked about my thoughts on turning Unholy Death Knights into a necromancer like spec. Focusing on spellcasting, but than using big damaging melee moves. 
    Today we talk about another idea that could bring Necromancers into World of Warcraft. This is a bigger idea I have for what I would do for a World of Warcraft expansion. Instead of adding new classes add new specs to existing classes. With the talent trees being as bland as they are it would be an easy enough option. So lets talk about how I would design a new Priest spec Necromancy. Priest, would be the perfect place to stick Necromancers. Now you might wonder why I say Priest would be, but started with the DK yesterday? Thematically DK already has the kit for it. Priest on the other hand is already a cloth based caster. 
    The biggest question for me is How would this work. Well this would work wonders coming out of Shadowlands thematically speaking. As far as the design, I would take a similar route as the design I talked about yesterday with the Death Knight. You have your damaging spells Shadow Word: Pain ect ect. But you gain access to new spells that interact with your undead minions that you summon. This is not your you have a pet design. All of your minions are limited in time. Perhaps there is a limit to how many of a type of minion you can raise. If there is a corpse nearby your cooldown for your raise skeleton ability resets instantly. Giving you the ability to bring more minions in quicker. My thoughts are better mechanics of the Nightborn withered w/e they were called. A single skeleton isn't going to do a ton of damage, but a horde of them. Well, I think you get the idea. You would have abilities that interact with them. Combine 5 skeletons to form a skeleton beserker. Sacrifice a skeleton to gain a bone shield to an ally or yourself. You could even go as far as becoming a Lich like character. There are tons of possibilities. Tomorrow lets keep going with the idea of additional specs for classes by talking about a long dead talent point that both priests and another class use to share. Let me know your thoughts and as always, stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment